Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the library is not currently accepting reservations for meeting rooms or the theatre
Reservations must be made on a WRL application form. We recommend that you contact the Program Services Division at 757.741.3300, option 3 prior to filling out the application form to check date and room availability.
Reservations can be made up to 12 months in advance for the meeting rooms or up to 18 months in advance for the Theatre. Groups meeting once a month can reserve for a 12 month period. Groups meeting more than once a month can reserve for periods of up to four months. Theatre and Stryker Center reservations must be made at least four weeks in advance. Rooms are not reserved until the application has been received.
The library will hold a room without payment for 10 days after acceptance of a completed WRL application form. UNPAID BOOKINGS WILL AUTOMATICALLY EXPIRE AFTER 10 DAYS. Groups using the Theatre must pay a deposit of 25% in order to hold it, with the balance due no later than one week prior to the event. Groups using the Stryker Exhibit Space must pay a deposit in order to hold it, with the balance due no later than one week prior to the event.
Fees and minimums are not negotiable.
A user will receive a full refund if a reservation is canceled no later than:
- Seven days before scheduled use – Theatre or Stryker Exhibit Space
- 48 hours before scheduled use – all other rooms
- Groups canceling less than 48 hours before their once-monthly free use of a meeting room will be billed for its use and may have future dates canceled.
- At JCCL, rooms are self-service. Users are responsible for setting up the room’s tables and chairs and returning the room to its original appearance. Library staff will set up any AV equipment requested in advance if arrangements have been made at the time of application.
- At WL, staff will set up tables and chairs and any audio-visual equipment based on a user’s request on the application form.
- At SC, staff will set up tables and chairs and any audio-visual equipment based on a user’s request on the application form.
Since 1983 Williamsburg Regional Library has hosted displays and art exhibits in the Williamsburg Library Gallery, a portion of the library that doubles as the lobby of the Williamsburg Library Theatre. The Gallery consists of approximately 80 linear feet of lighted walls and two glass display cases. If you are interested in showing your works at the library, you can request space with our exhibit space form.